Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Love the Lord with all your HEART ❤



 My heart can be so quickly distracted by the pleasures and stuff of this world.  When we had Netflix on our television I started watching the interior decorating shows and home makeover shows.  And my heart got distracted by wanting a better home.  I became disappointed in my own home and began making a long list of things that needed to be improved.  And the more I looked at those things day after day it depressed me more that I didn't have the money to just remodel my house.  And I planned and schemed to repaint, or buy different curtains and wall decorations just to make changes to the look of my home and make me feel happier with it.  But it didn't.  Maybe for a while but then I would look sadly at the other things that "needed" to be redone to promote unity, peace, joy, and happiness in my house.  A bigger kitchen would bring more convenience and less stress.  Better lighting would bring an atmosphere of cheeriness to the living room.  An essential oil dispenser would bring a calm, peaceful and healthy scent to my bedroom. One day I snapped myself out of it and said "Hold on!  Where does my joy and peace and serenity come from?  From a paint color or essential oil smell???  NO!  But it DOES come from the Lord!  I can have joy and peace in my home just the way it is by looking to the TRUE source of these things that I desire.  The Lord is a jealous God and He does not share the affections of His Bride - me - with anyone or anything!  I do a serious dishonor to Him by turning my heart to other things.
 Oh Lord forgive my discontent and my earthly mindedness!  Forgive me for making a god out of my house and pursuing other things outside of You - who is all sufficient!  Fill me with a desire for Your Kingdom and Your gifts that You bestow on me freely as a part of Your church, Your Bride! 


"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust can destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in Heaven where moth and rust do not destroy and thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your treasure is there your heart will be also."  Matthew 6:19-21
"You open your hand and satisfy the desire of every living thing.  The Lord is righteous in all His ways, Gracious in all His works.  The Lord is near to all who call on Him, to all who call upon Him in truth.  He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; He also will hear their cry and save them."  Psalm 145:16-19

"Teach me your way O Lord and I will live by Your truth.  Give me an undivided heart to fear Your name."  Psalm 86:11
Matthew 22:37 (NKJV) "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind."   

No comments:

Post a Comment